The Mad Anglers and the Heroes on the Water Oceanside California Chapter presents the 1st Annual Veterans weekend Battle on the Bay coming to Shelter Island next weekend.
Spend the day with the Mad Angler crew, us and our friends down at Shelter Island. This is a great opportunity for us to get together and heal through aquatic therapy, fishing and food. The Oceanside chapter will also have food and a bunch of booths and raffle gifts to give away. So, bring your family and friends and beach stuff and let’s go and have some fun.
For those new to kayak fishing or simply just don’t have the gear… the Heroes on the Water Oceanside chapter provides all the gear required to kayak fish in the event that day. If you do not have any gear don’t worry about it. Just show up with your family and get ready to have a good time.
To register, head to their Facebook event page (click here). Registration is free.
- $10 is the entry fee that will be collected at the table when you arrive.
- Shotgun start at 7 AM PST
- Biggest bass and weirdest fish are the categories.
- Fishing will end at 2pm winner will be announced at 3pm
- Raffle tickets will be $1 each (no limit) with raffle prizes from West Marine, Pure Watersports, Fish Village
Let’s show this incredible organization some support by participating in this event or donating prizes to their raffle. We want to see more events from them supporting their military and first responder brothers and sisters. We look forward to seeing you there. We will be the ones with the cameras. Say hello.